Tuesday, February 16, 2010

mary

Before the year ended, we shared a night like no other. We were in a dark room yet the light you emitted was enough to show me who you really are. Your outline, the touch of your skin and your scent drove me crazy. It was an exciting night knowing that after many years of my existence, I would finally meet you face-to-face. There was only a brief introduction because we felt like we have known each other for a long time. I know you from the books, the media, the government and the adventurers but I have yet to know the real you. You know all about me, my need to escape, my desire to experience and my angst. You said you will give me your services for free as long as I do not fall in love with you head over heels. We will hook up as agreed; no obligations, no regrets and free of charge.

I ran my fingers against your body. I shivered at the thought that finally we will be one. You touched me in places like no one else can and we breathed the same cold air. In the silence of the night you sang with Ivy,

Bye Bye baby, don’t be long
I’ll worry about you while you’re gone…

All my worries got lost in space the moment you kissed me. Time stopped and there was no turning back. It is now or never. All that I was taught about you were forgotten the instant you penetrated me. Yes, we were finally one. You went inside me and took my soul away; with it were the truths I strongly believed in. I did not fight back instead I gave it all. You wrapped me in your arms and I felt your warmth inside me. You warmed my cold heart and it suddenly pumped back to life.

My resurrected heart worked faster than ever, I do not know if it was the thrill of the moment or your presence that made it race like hell. All I know is that you made me be someone that the society thinks is not capable of committing a crime much more go out with you. You created a reality for me, a reality free from oppression, from love, from myself and free from truths.
You gave us a reality very different from mine, although at the back of my mind I know it will not last. It never will.

You took my breath away but still I gasped that you do not stop. It was a perfect bliss. You were all over me; passionately burning and clouding the space around us. Your spirit sustained me until your fire died.

The people are against us. They want you away from this world where you can no longer hurt people. Every minute was a struggle with the thought that what was happening is a sin, a crime against society. If they find us together, we could both be dead.

What they said were true. You were classy that Dunhill, better than Winston by tenfold and stronger than what the Fortune teller foretold. You were better than a man for you brought me effortlessly to heaven. We flew to never land. That night you were mine and I am yours, my Mary.

It does not matter what the others call you. Your former lovers may call you a thousand endearing names but you are my opium and my only one night stand.

I am sorry I broke the rules. I fell in love with you. When shall I see you again? I want to hear your sweet promises; I need to feel you again. When will you cloud the room that we once shared? I looked for you in the Fair grounds but did not feel your presence. When years before, we always had brief encounters in the midst of the University grounds. I have not forgotten about you and I never will. I am worried while you are gone. I cannot wait to create a new and different reality with you, even if it is short-lived.

I am singing you this while waiting for your return.

…Baby, don’t be long
I’ll worry about you while you’re gone…
I’ll think of you in my dreams,
You never know just what you mean to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment