Monday, March 1, 2010

Full Moon

Every time I am out on the streets I always looked up in the sky, always looking for than tiny white thing. I am fascinated by its beauty, its glamor and prowess in the midst of an infinite space. Despite its solitude and distance from other heavenly bodies, it never fails to bring people together. Making them look up and dream for a prosperous day ahead. I have yet to see what the moon will bring to my future, but I am sure it will give me something beautiful tonight.

A few nights in a month the moon becomes full. On such occasions, I am nostalgic. It is not every night do we see the moon at its finest. Those are the nights when the space above is full - of stars, the moon and sky. Nature is complete when the moon shows its face, uninhibited and full of strength. The moon changes the color of its glow depending on the solar system's movement and surprisingly, the mood among its viewers changes too.

Many gather strength from the moon; there are others who become alive the moment the moon fills up the empty sky and there are those who start their lives upon the striking of the moon in the evening sky. Up there in all its glory, it shines on the earth with a mixture of a fearful and endearing glow. Its light reflects on the deep blue sea, uniting the air and water.

For the scientists it is just another body in the cosmos, an omen to the mystics, a romantic gesture to the hopeless lover, a clock to the magician and a guiding light to the nocturnal hunter. I do not know what I shall call the moon; I have nothing special for it other than a creation to admire every night and something to share with a loved one.

May the moon be anything but death for when it comes, the earth will just be a once-in-a-blue-moon event that transcended space.

No comments:

Post a Comment