Saturday, December 19, 2009

Upon Losing My Student ID @ the UP Fair

I celebrated the 11th day of the month with a bang.

After crying over the loss of my "insignificant" ID, I decided to go out to refresh myself. Anyway, there's no use in crying over spilled milk. Since my "significant" other is not too interested with my life right now, I decided to keep the incident all to myself. Besides, it was too childish to cry and contemplate over a piece of ID that only tells my name, my college and my student number.

I think one of the reasons that led me to tears was that my heart just had its toll with all the heartaches, hurt and anger. The realization of the things that came with the loss of that insignificant thing became the outlet. My system found the incident as a reason to let out all the heavy burden it has been carrying for some time. It has to heal itself so it broke down and let out everything with tears.

Just like nature, when she wants to heal herself, she ends out storms, earthquakes and volcanic eruptions. She lets out her anger in a way some guy shouts and punches the wall. Destructive yet it shows relief. Releasing anger is same as releasing energy, the negative energy that is. You see, when you let out all your anger, you feel exhausted after, however, you feel light and you feel free.

After releasing that so-called negative energy, I felt so tired but never felt the need for sleep despite the fact that I have been lacking sleep for the past days because of school work and exams. Not to mention, it's February and UP Fair is in the air, the time to catch up with old friends from UP and the outside. Instead of lying down and reflect on myself and my sort-of chaotic life, I ate food. I was hungry but never had the interest to eat. I ate because my stomach has been making sounds already from all the calories I burned in my negative- energy-releasing moment with myself.

My friends called telling me they are ditching the sports fest and asked if i wanted to tag along and go somewhere. Without second thought, I suggested we go to Star City. And so we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment