Saturday, December 19, 2009

Differences

You are ten years my senior. I know the difference is quite big not to mention the fact that we have lots of differences.

I am young, impulsive and indecisive. I demand things from you without realizing if they are what I really wanted or if they had to be demanded in the first place. I do not even know if, you giving in to my demands was necessary. I just wanted so much, and you don't like it. No, you hated it. Maybe you just had so much that you chose never to compromise nor give me any of my demands.

We did not share the same taste for things. I enjoyed watching tragic love stories, you didn't. I love to travel, I know you do too, but priorities do not allow you to do so.

We did not have debates on issues, may they be political, social or nonsensical ones. We had debates for a few times but I always lost because our arguments were always opposites. They never crossed at any point because they were on different planes and seen from different viewpoints. We never talked about theories, about theorists dead or alive. We never conspired, neither made theories about the things around us. We never probed on scandals, neither did we try to solve problems in books. We did not talk about scientists, philosophers, nor prominent people. We did not talk about human anatomy, nor the Marcos regime. I guess there really never was a need to do so when we have each other.

I love reading literary pieces. I did not like poems that much. You are a good poet but never wrote me one. I have not seen you compose one for me. Wait, I think you did it a few times in the dead of night and just whispered it in my ear. But I never got to know what they were all about.

I wanted to explore the world, discover things but you were already done with it. I had to take it from you that there are other things worth doing than exploring and discovering the world now. You've had experienced them already and you know that the world is such a cruel place.I am a brat. I always wanted to do things on my own and if they did not work the way I wanted them to, I crash. I think we both do. But you taught me that things don't always work out the way I want them to. You're right, otherwise I would not be writing this now.

I act on impulse. I want to do things right when I want them. You said that it should not be like that. Things are not always available when I want them much more when I need them. That impulses are not always the right thing to follow. Acting on impulse is a sign of impatience, so I had to be patient and master the art of waiting. Also, that things can wait. We do not always have to things right now because we still have forever. But in this life, our forever is time-restricted.

I complicate things when they could just be simple. Simple it is to say that things in life can be simplified. I solve complex equations and you were doing arithmetic. We both want simple lives but I always make exceptions and that does not suit you. I do not know why I always follow methods that require a lot steps in solving problems. Even in formulating my future, I use procedures that are not really that important. I do things at the same time, and it's not good because committing a mistake somewhere cannot reverse the whole process.

I am persistent. But you saw it as a negative trait. At times I agree. I do not know why I keep on asking you for things when you already said no. I don't understand why I keep on trying to persuade you and most of the time, to make you change your mind. Repetition is a sign of incompetence I know but I always find myself asking you same things three to four times. Because, maybe you will finally give in and surrender to my demands.

You chose solitude while I chose to be in your company. You want stability and you worry about establishing yourself in the future while I am still lost, unstable and unsure of what will happen in the future. You chose to apart when all ever wanted was to be next to you.

there are lots of differences between us. We're completely opposites and it's just unbelievable that these differences are what keeps us together. I think it is because we want to hold on in spite of the fact that the charges we emit are harmful to each other.

I am willing to change these differences. Or meet halfway as you wanted.

I guess it's love after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment